Thursday, September 13, 2012


Quote:

“According to BBC News many educators do not use video games in learning. They think this kind of technology is only for fun and does not benefit their children.”

Response:

I chose this quote because from my experience I have only encountered computers and smart boards in classrooms. I think that by refusing to use other technology in the classroom educators are limiting student’s learning. Today, kids are more interested in using their IPods and cellphones than old fashioned copying notes from the chalkboard. I think that if students could bring their computers, IPods, IPads, and cell phones to school then educators could use them to their advantage. I don’t mean using them every day because it will take a while to figure out a good way to use these items without misuse, but I am sure that it can be done.
Source:
Web 2.0 and emerging learning technologies/learning styles [Web log message]. (2011, May 19). Retrieved from http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Web_2.0_and_Emerging_Learning_Technologies/Learning_Styles

1 comment:

  1. Video games can have numerous benefits in classroom learning. We will learn about about this later in the semester!

    ReplyDelete